Education and Training
- The University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine: Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology 1999
- Wake Forest University School of Medicine: Doctor of Medicine 1995
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte: Master of Science in Biology 1991
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte: Bachelor of Science in Biology 1988
- Patient Safety Executive Training: Institute for Healthcare Improvement 2012
Relevant Work Experience
- Obstetrician and Gynecologist Asheville Women’s Medical Center, Asheville, North Carolina April 2004 to present.
- Director of Clinical Trials, Asheville Women’s Medical Center, January 2012 to present.
- Patient Safety Officer, Mission Health System, Asheville, North Carolina August 2012 to August 2014.
- Obstetrician and Gynecologist, Teaching Service, Moses Cone Health System, Greensboro, North Carolina.
- Obstetrician and Gynecologist, United States Naval Hospital, Pensacola, Florida.
- Instructor of Biology, Queen’s College, Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Diplomat of The American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Member of The North Carolina Medical Society
- Member of Western Carolina Medical Society
- Member of the Southern Ob/Gyn Society
Committees and Community Involvement
- Chairman of the Ob/Gyn Quality Committee 2006-2014
- Member Robotic Surgery Committee
- Member Mission Hospital Redesign Team for the Women’s Service Line
- Volunteer for Project Access
- Crescent Insurance Credentials Committee
Awards and Honors
- Naval and Marine Corps Achievement Medal
- National Defense Service Medal (2 awards)
- Family Practice Residency Teaching Award Naval Hospital Pensacola
- Naval Health Professions Scholarship
- Sigma Xi Grant in Aid of Research